Monday, January 20, 2014

So I'm thinking Steampunk.

Lately I've been wanting to do something with a steampunked plot line. But modest steampunk, not the type where the girls are uncovered. And not quite as dark - I want it to be happy yet gear-ish. Not black but bright cheery colors.
I've found some cute outfits but they're mostly dark and too short skitred or low cut.

So here is a plot I've dreamed up that I think this theme would fit with:

An old inventor living in the 1800's with astounding ideas. Not a rich man, but not a begger either. He has taken in twenty six orphaned children and raised them as his own, doing whatever he could for them.
When he finally created a flawless flying device, he disappears along with his plan.
Amelia, his newest orphan child, is devastated and begs the others to help her find him. They agree and set about using his blueprints to create the devices to save him.

And so they go along until Amelia meets this high-end steam worker named Jethrow.
Jethrow goes and helps find the old man and so on and so forth. I'm not giving the big long plot I've got drawn up because 1) it would be pages long and 2) I don't want to give away my secrets *bwahahahaha*.

So you could say that I've got a mind full of adventure that I'm ready to spill. :)

Keep it cool, writerly nerds!

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment

•please keep all comments kind and respectful, clean and pleasing to the Lord•
•Maddie•